1. Drink Water as Your Morning Jolt
Some of us can never start their day without a cup of coffee or a shot of espresso. As energizing as that may seem, there’s another drink that can help you start your day right, which is – hey, surprise! – water.
Water, as simple as it may seem, is actually the epitome of healthy drinks. That’s why it’s the first thing I consume every single day. Once you turn starting your day with a cup of water into a habit, the circulation of nutrients in your body will become better. That’s essential for your different organs to function properly, which is why drinking water tops our list of the health tips of the day. Other benefits of water include:
- Helping with weight loss, as more often than not, we confuse thirst for hunger, which can lead to overeating.
- Cleansing your body of toxins, as drinking water first thing in the morning can flush out all the toxins and keep your internal organs clean and pure.
- Keeping your skin glowing throughout the day, again, this is because water flushes out toxins from the body.
2. Stretch Before You Leave Your Bed
Most people set their alarms right when they need to get up, which can be harmful to the body as it passes from a resting position to a moving one too fast. To solve that, set your alarm five to ten minutes earlier so that you can stretch a bit before leaving your bed.
If you want to get this habit to the next level, you can learn a few easy-to-follow yoga poses so that you can get your blood pumping and your energy started. Better yet, stare out the window as you do this so that you can clear your mind. That way, both your mind and your body will be ready for the day’s activities.