We’ve all been there: you decide to delve into a new venture, you get excited, and you rush through the small details without giving them much thought, just to realize that you used “HappyPony2019” as the username. Well, if you’re only creating an account at a small social media site, that wouldn’t be too big of a deal, but if you’re trying to build a solid reputation on a big platform, like eBay, then we might have a small issue.
eBay is one of the world’s biggest online shopping site, one that’s mainly known for the auctions you can have there and the consumer to consumer sales it allows. If you’re looking to sell any kind of product, be it physical or digital, online, then eBay must be on the top of your list of the potential marketplaces that you can use. On eBay, the user ID is what other members see when dealing with you, which is why it’s essential to have a clean, professional one. Remember, first impressions matter.
So, if you’ve already created an account on the giant shopping site, how can you change eBay username?
What Is Your Account ID on eBay?
After creating a seller account on eBay, there are several changes that you can make without affecting your level and settings, including the user ID, which is commonly known as the username, name, or moniker of your account.
How to Change eBay Username
Don’t worry, it’s not too hard to change eBay username, as the shopping marketplace made the process is easy as pie. Here’s what you have to do to change eBay username:
- First, head over to eBay.com. From the homepage, click on “Sign In.”
- Use your credentials to sign into your account.
- Click on the “Account” tab then the “Personal Information” link.
- Finally, click on “Edit” next to your user ID and you’ll be able to change eBay username.
Alternatively, you can click on this link, which will take you to the “change eBay username” page directly.
Remember to choose a new user ID that’s easy to remember and that reflects the nature of your business, as you have to wait for 30 days before trying to change eBay username again.
Are There Any Conditions for the eBay Username?
There are some conditions that you need to follow when choosing the new username:
- The new user ID must be at least six-character long.
- You cannot place a dash, hyphen, or period at the beginning or the end of the user ID.
- The new user ID should contain only letters, numbers, periods, asterisks, and dashes.
- The new user ID shouldn’t contain elements from your email address, obscenities, consecutive dashes, details from another seller’s trademark or brand, the eBay name, and the letter e preceding some numbers.
That’s it. If you abide by those conditions, you’ll be able to change eBay username in no time.
How Often Can I Change My User ID?
You can only attempt to change eBay username once every 30 days. Upon doing so, all of your other information, including seller status, reviews, and settings, will remain unchanged.