Portable monitors are the talk of the town among laptop users. They are used to extend the screen of a laptop and increase the size of phone screen. But how do portable monitors work?
How a Portable Monitor Works
Portable monitors are designed to connect with your laptop or mobile devices. Once connected, you can use it as a secondary monitor. The contents of your laptop will show on the screen of the portable monitor.
You can set up the portable monitor and use it as:
- The only functional screen
- Extend your laptop screens and work on two screens at the same time
- Duplicate the screen so the display of your laptop show on the portable monitor screen.
Most portable monitors draw charge from the laptop using a USB-C cable via the USB port. But some models come with a wall charger to plug into a socket.
If you are purchasing a portable monitor to use away from your desk, consider a model with a wall charger. This ensures that it does not drain the battery of your laptop.
Portable monitors are suitable for people who work on the go. They are lightweight and hence easy to carry around. You can use them in tight and confined spaces because they feature a slim and compact design.
To get the most out of your portable monitor:
- Connect your keyboard and mouse for easy navigation.
- Keep it close to your primary device so as not to loosen the cable connection.
- Adjust the screen to your comfort to prevent back, neck, and eye strain.
- Position yourself for a good viewing angle.
How to Connect a Laptop with a Portable Computer Monitor
Connecting a portable computer monitor to your laptop is straightforward. Identify the output ports on your laptop and input ports on your monitor. Then, pick the suitable cable and connect the devices.
Most modern devices have a USB-C port and the HDMI port. In that case, you need a USB-C cable or an HDMI cable for a successful connection.
If the laptop and monitor do not have matching ports, you need an adapter to connect them.
Ensure your laptop can connect to the monitor you want to buy. Otherwise, it will be of no use.
Advantages Of Portable Monitors
Portable monitors have many advantages, including the following:
- They are lightweight and portable. This makes them suitable for traveling.
- They are compatible with various devices like laptops, desktops, and mobile devices through USB-C or HDMI ports.
- Their batteries last longer, up to 10 hours for extended service.
- They are affordable. Different brands price their models differently, but there is something for every budget.
- They offer work flexibility and increase productivity.
Portable monitors are good for your work, study, and entertainment. Choosing a portable monitor can be challenging with many brands and models available. To ease your buying decision, see the collection of portable monitors by lepow. We have modern, affordable, and high-quality portable monitors.