Pesky backaches plague most women. It’s a commonplace health issue. Women report backaches and back pain more often than any other type of pain-related complaint.
There are two types of back muscles: those that support the body and help maintain posture; and those that allow you to carry heavy objects and weights – essentially everything ranging from groceries to kids.
Improving the muscular strength of the back goes hand in hand with getting rid of back pain.
Let’s have a look at some effective back workout for women.
The Superman is most of all a balancing workout. It improves the muscular strength of your back. It also provides several postures – and flexibility – related benefits.
- Lie down flat on your stomach.
- Extend arms and legs on the floor fully, to make one long body line.
- Put your forehead on the floor (the mat).
- Engaging and squeezing the abs and glutes, lift both arms and legs.
- Also, lift the chest and head a little high.
- Hold for 3-6 seconds in this lifted position.
- Slowly come back to the original position.
Doing 15 reps per round is recommended.
You need a dumbbell for this one. This is a great workout for maintaining body elasticity, which comes with its own set of health advantages.
- Stand upright.
- Hold the dumbbells in your hands – front of thighs. Palms will be facing the body.
- Get your feet hip-width apart from each other.
- Press hips back, effectively hinging at the waist.
- Lower your body and the dumbbells – try to touch the floor with them.
- Return to the standing position.
10-20 reps are recommended, depending on your current fitness level.
Fairly more difficult than others on the list so far, the single-leg row is a great exercise for quicker results. However, it’s also more tiring. Take longer rests between rounds involving single-leg rows. You need a dumbbell for this.
- Hold a dumbbell in the right hand with palm facing the body.
- Raise the right foot back.
- Lowering the body forward, hinge at your waist.
- Lower the torso and hold, while lifting the dumbbell up and down.
- Go back to the original position and repeat, alternating between left and right arms and legs.
More taxing on the body, find your limit by starting from 5 reps and moving up from there.
The bird-to-dog pose
Bird-to-dog is a great exercise for Back Workout for Women regime and it’s done by maintaining the athleticism and flexibility of the body, all the while improving the muscular strength of the back and especially the lower back. It’s called so because effectively, you’re moving between a dog stance and a bird stance while doing these reps.
- The starting position is on all four limbs.
- Keep the knees under the hips and the wrists under the shoulders.
- Extend your left arm and the right leg, straightening them out in mid-air. Try to take them as parallel to the floor as possible.
- Return to the original position and repeat on the other side.
This one is fairly easy to repeat once you get the hang of it. Balancing might be difficult early on, but 15-20 reps are recommended to begin with.
There are dozens of Back Workout for Women for improving the back and saying goodbye to backaches and pain. These were some of the particularly effective ones. Note that a few reps of one workout won’t be that helpful.
You need to make a Back Workout for Women regime that includes 3-4 different exercises. Do 10-20 reps of each of the exercises – this is 1 round. Take some rest and repeat. Do 2-5 rounds in the beginning.