We are surrounded by technologies – from smartphones for daily usage to environments for a convenient workflow. It is impossible to imagine our academic, professional, and social lives without these technologies, so you need to evolve and learn to keep up with the times. In this guide, we discuss 10 technology trends that will make an impact in the nearest future.
Top 10 Latest Technology Trends in 2023
All these technologies are at the peak of popularity, so if you want to develop new skills, advance in your career, or simply have an interesting topic for discussion, read the following paragraphs attentively.
In 2022, the global blockchain market size was valued at $10.02 billion and is expected to grow at an 87.7% CAGR by 2030, making it one of the most dynamic technologies at the moment. It is used by multiple industries, from banking and education to healthcare and insurance. Thanks to the blockchain’s distributed nature, all operations inside the network are decentralized, transparent, and safe.
In 2023, companies heavily invest in this technology to make their processes and procedures faster, simpler, and cheaper. We are sure that in the future, more and more businesses will incorporate this technology to improve the quality of their products and services.
Our world is becoming increasingly digital, so data security comes to the fore. Users need to store and share information, make payments, and send online signatures without fear of being hacked or infected with malware.
The cybersecurity market is constantly growing, and keeping an eye on the latest trends is very important, especially if you are working on complex software or sensitive information stored on a cloud platform. It is a great career path for those who want to work on challenging problems and have a competitive salary.
- Voice over Internet Protocol
VoIP is a phone system that uses an Internet connection, not traditional landlines. It is a great alternative to local telephone companies because you don’t need physical wires or contracts. All that is needed is high-speed Internet and a VoIP provider. You can use it with personal and enterprise telephone numbers offering customers quality and timely assistance without interruptions.
More and more people choose VoIP over traditional landline phones because you don’t need to pay for a setup and hardware. This technology can save lots of money if you regularly make long-distance calls.
- Edge Computing
Speed is crucial for any online process – making a video call, sending a document, or coding. That is why many companies pour their time and money into solutions that can help analyze the information and queries as quickly as possible. This task is solved by edge computing which reduces response times and amount of bandwidth. With the help of this technology, you can take cybersecurity to a new level, reduce latency, lower expenses, and solve a bunch of other tasks.
DevOps is definitely one of the hottest trends on the market, and thousands of coders are willing to master new skills to become future DevOps engineers. This technology automates and strengthens software development processes by shortening delivery cycles and meeting all requirements. DevOps may be depicted as a bridge between operations teams and developers which ensures smooth communication, fast delivery, reduced risk of errors, and better overall quality.
- Artificial Intelligence
AI has been around for a while but continues to be one of the hottest technology trends because of its tremendous impact on our lives. Artificial Intelligence can recognize speech, take us to the required location, act as a personal assistant, AI Images and complete many other tasks that simplify day-to-day activities.
This technology is also irreplaceable in finding insights and connections, making predictions, and even helping with decision-making in highly demanding industries like medicine and law. AI can analyze huge volumes of information in real time, letting people concentrate on other tasks and activities.
- Internet of Behaviors
The IoB is a field of research and development that aims to understand why and how people use technology for their purchasing decisions. IoB is younger than most technologies on our list but has great potential and is definitely the next trend to follow.
With the help of IoB, experts extract information from Internet-connected devices and predict human behavior. This technology is primely used by marketers, advertisers, and analysts. Still, it can also be useful for manufacturers, managers, product owners, and other specialists who want to target the right audience and grow their businesses.
- Robotic Process Automation
Raise your hand if you are also tired of monotonous tasks like answering similar questions as a customer service representative or collecting data as a business analyst.
Luckily, these processes can be automized with the help of RPA, which uses numerous programs and applications at the intersection of various technologies. According to research, more than half of jobs today can be partially automated, so you will have more time for the things you really enjoy.
Nanotechnology can create materials with brand-new features to improve the things surrounding us. For example, this technology makes clothes water-resistant and adds self-healing properties to plants.
It is also used to alter our DNA and help us become stronger. Just imagine: it takes a broken gene and inserts a new one to correct mutations, solve food allergies, and even change eye color. If you want to be at the forefront of technology, this field is definitely worth paying attention to. As a bonus, the salaries of nanotechnology engineers are well over $100,000 a year.
Nowadays, drones are mostly used by photographers and videographers, but this technology can solve numerous problems. For example, to find lost people and animals, deliver products, and take care of the harvest.
We are sure that drones won’t require government permission in the near future and will become a part of our daily lives. They will be easily controlled from your laptop or smartphone and won’t cost a small fortune.
Why is keeping up with technology important?
Now, when we have discussed technology trends blowing the market in 2023, we want to emphasize the importance of mastering them. Here is how you can benefit from these trends not depending on whether you are a manufacturer, software developer, or marketing manager:
- Landing a job. Instead of bringing paper resumes to an offline interview, you need to have a well-crafted and good-looking CV of a particular format. Keeping up with the latest resume-building programs, grammar checkers, and format readers will make the process much simpler;
- Career growth. The job market is as competitive as ever, so you must study and grow to develop your skills and evolve as an expert. Modern software and instruments are regularly updated, so you always need to be in trend;
- Data organization and accuracy. Knowing how to access, store, and share documents is crucial for any expert, especially those who work with large volumes of information or need to ensure its safety and accessibility.
- Communication. While many people are now working remotely, different instruments for communication and workflows become of vital necessity. Mastering them can significantly simplify and improve your working experience.
- Interacting with customers. Marketing instruments evolve along with technology advancements and help reach the target audience faster and offer the best user experience. The utilization of an appointment scheduling system or appointment reminder text app can be a valuable tool for businesses to help reduce no-shows and improve customer engagement.
How to keep up with technology?
Technologies are constantly changing and improving, so it becomes challenging to follow them even if you are a tech guru. However, if you want to boost your skillset and career, staying on top of the information is necessary. Below, we have gathered a few viable and straightforward strategies that will help you keep an eye on technology trends:
- Make reading tech websites a daily habit. Dedicate a small portion of your day to keep up with the latest industry news. Luckily, you no longer need to buy newspapers because all information is online. There are many tech websites with the latest news, trends, and case studies that are published daily, weekly, and monthly. To save time, filter the articles by required keywords.
- Join a network of same-minded people. Rather often, people with the same interests meet regularly to communicate and stay informed. If you don’t want to spend time on offline meetings, join online forums and LinkedIn or Facebook groups where people share their love of a particular technology or industry as a whole.
- Follow industry leaders. Identify who the experts in your field are and subscribe to their social media accounts, podcasts, or blogs. Thus, you will learn something new about the industry and find fresh ideas and insights to incorporate into your work.
- Sign-up for online learning. Probably the simplest and the most effective way to stay up-to-date is to complete digital courses. Instead of committing to a new degree, you can spend a few hours or days on websites like Coursera and Udemy and master a new program or trend. Such courses are often free of charge and allow learning at your own speed and schedule.
- Visit tech conferences and events. Offline communication and crowds might not be for everyone, but exhibitions and conferences are usually the centers of the latest technologies and innovations. You can listen to industry gurus, talk to company representatives, take classes, and make new acquaintances there. Many events are now recorded online, so you don’t need to go anywhere.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. All the tips above are great for following new technologies but are useless if you don’t try them. Test new instruments and software to understand how they work, and use this experience to build your skill set and portfolio.
Those who master technology master the world
When it comes to technology, there is always something new and exciting to master and put into practice. The 10 trends above, including voice-over Internet protocols and drones, are only some of them. So not depending on your interests and skillset, plenty of options are waiting for you. Learn them and see how your academic, professional, and social life improves.