Royal Arms are legendary weapons that are hidden within several Royal Tombs across the game. They’re a bit hard to find because they’re usually tucked away deep inside their dungeons.
Compared to normal weapons in the same class, royal arms are more powerful and capable of slicing through enemies. It’s not all rainbows and butterflies, though, as royal arms drain your life when you use them, but they increase your stats when holding them. Royal Arms are a true double-edged sword (pun intended).
Royal arms are an essential part of the story, and that’s why you should do your best to explore the Final Fantasy 15 Royal Arms Locations.
How Many Royal Arms Are There in Final Fantasy 15?
There are 13 royal arms across the Eos world, and you can collect them at almost any point of the story. Out of the thirteen arms, seven are collected as you progress through the main story. The remaining six are optional and can be obtained by exploring different dungeons and Royal Tombs.
How Easy Is it to Get the Royal Arms from the Tombs?
Let me tell you; collecting the royal arms in Final Fantasy 15 is no small feat, and it definitely isn’t for the faint of heart. The dungeons that protect the legendary weapons are full of dangerous, and each of them has a different level of difficulty.
Depending on your experience as an RPG player, you may be able to explore the Final Fantasy 15 Royal Arms Locations from the get-go. If you find it hard to do, you can always postpone the royal hunt to the final Chapters, which is reserved for the post-game content.
Final Fantasy 15 Royal Arms Locations
Main Story Royal Arms
As I mentioned, seven of the Royal Arms are unlocked as you progress with the story, which are:
- Sword of the Wise, which you’ll collect during the “Legacy” main quest in the second Chapter.
- Axe of the Conqueror, which is obtained during “The Power of Kings” main quest in the second chapter.
- Swords of the Wanderer, which can be collected during the “Sword in the Waterfall” journey in the third chapter.
- Blade of the Mystic that you can get during the “The Archaean” journey. In the fourth chapter.
- Katana of the Warrior, which is earned during the “The Hand of the King” quest in the tenth chapter.
- Trident of the Oracle, which is obtained during the “Breath of the Glacian” journey in the twelfth chapter.
- Sword of the Father that can be found during the “A King’s Struggle” journey in the thirteenth chapter.
Those are the main Final Fantasy 15 Royal Arms Locations, which you’ll encounter during the main story.
Optional Royal Arms
As for the optional weapons, they are six:
- Shield of the Just, which is located in Thummels Glade, Tomb of the Just and can be obtained easily as there are no enemies to guard it, as opposed to the rest of the Final Fantasy 15 Royal Arms Locations.
- Star of the Rogue, located in The Vesperpool, The Myrlwood.
- Sword of the Tall, which is located in The Fallgrove, Costlemark Tower and can only be obtained during the night.
- Mace of the Fierce, which can be found in Ravatagh Trail, The Rock of Ravatagh.
- Scepter of the Pious that can be collected in Maidenwater, Malmalam Thicket.
- Bow of the Clever, which can be obtained as a dungeon completion reward in The Callnegh Steps, Balouve Mines.
There you have it. Those are all the Final Fantasy 15 Royal Arms Locations that you can explore in the game. Here’s a video that shows how you can get all of them: