Imagine this: You’re in Minecraft, exploring uncharted grounds, looking for an adventure. You climb a tall mountain and look into the horizon, trying to figure out your next destination. You look in the distance, but you can’t really tell much. This is where the zoom function comes in very handy in identifying distant objects and points of interest.
This guide will show you how to zoom so you can make the most out of your experience and scout out points of interest and interesting structures from a distance.
Method 1: Zooming Using Low Field of View
The FOV slider in the game can be adjusted in the settings menu to change what’s visible on the screen. The higher the field of view value, the wider your perspective will be, and the more you’ll see. If you set a low FOV value, you’ll get a zoomed-in view. You can use this to zoom in.
Here’s how to zoom in Minecraft using this method:
- Open the menu by pressing Esc when inside the game.
- Select the ‘Options’ box in the menu.
- You can adjust the field of view value by moving the slider on the left in FOV. Sliding it to the left will give you a lower value.
- Once you’re happy with the value, click ‘Done,’ then select ‘Back to Game,’ and voilà! You should now have a zoomed-in view of the game.
Method 2: Zooming Through the Accessibility Option of macOS
If you happen to own a Mac, you can use the accessibility settings of a macOS to zoom in when you’re adjusting your field of view.
Here’s how to zoom in Minecraft using the accessibility settings of macOS:
- Go to System Preferences at the bottom of the dock.
- Select Accessibility
- On the left side of the bar, click Zoom, and you’ll find ‘Use scroll gesture with zooming modifier keys’ right next to it. Check it.
- This step is optional, but you can press the down arrow next to the box and change the alteration key and change it to whatever you want.
- Go to the Minecraft window and use the up and down arrows to zoom in and out while holding the modifier key.
Method 3: How to Zoom in Minecraft Using Low OptiFine Mod
You can also zoom in Minecraft by using the OptiFine mod. Here’s how to zoom in Minecraft using that method:
- Download the OptiFine mod. You’ll need to download the version that’s relative to the Minecraft version you’re using. Click on the ‘Preview version’ at the top of the OptiFine mod page and choose the OptiFine version that’s compatible with your Minecraft version.
- Open the OptiFine Install.jar file. Click OK after the download is done, and the OptiFine mod will be installed into your Minecraft version.
- Start the Minecraft Launcher.
- Check the bottom left side of the Play button and make sure it’s set to OptiFine.
- Press the play button in the launcher then load a game.
- While in-game, press C on your keyboard to zoom in at any time.